The Best of Both Worlds
Bringing you the latest thinking in the surveyor world.
Dr. Tony Nettleman started Nettleman Land Consultants, INC to share his love and passion for land surveying with others. From early childhood, Tony began surveying in his family business and has been learning ever since. He brings the knowledge from four university degree programs, thousands of hours of experience and many hundred of land disputes to land surveyors, attorneys and property owners nation-wide.
NLC’s primary mission is to educate others through expert witness consulting, live and online continuing education, land surveying test preparation and university course lectures.a
At the core of NLC, Inc. is Dr. Charles (Tony) Nettleman, III, a Land Surveying Engineer who holds the distinguished position of professional assistant professor at Texas A&M Corpus Christi. Tony teaches classes from freshman AutoCAD to graduate-level legal aspects and cadastral principles as well as leads the accreditation, equipment lab and recruiting at TAMUCC.
- Land Boundaries: property boundaries are created by the original surveyor and can never be changed. Dr. Nettleman has lead dozens of original surveys and re-surveys.
- Property Title: Title – otherwise known as the written record – often contains conflicts and ambiguities. Tony is an expert at analyzing and decoding title.
- Easements and Rights-of-Way: non-possessory rights in land including easements, rights-of-way and profits always involve two parcels or parties and these entities often dispute the scope of the rights.
- Water and Riparian: littoral and riparian boundary and title disputes are often some of the most complicated because of the difficulty in measuring and locating features. Let Dr. Nettleman put his dissertation to work for you.
- Negligence: land surveyors are held to a higher standard of duty because they are often considered professionals by courts. Dr. Nettleman has testified on behalf of surveyors and property owners to determine duty and breach involving engineers and surveyors.
- Fees: although the trial has concluded, the fee disputes are often just beginning. Dr. Nettleman has testified in both attorney and surveyor fee disputes.
Tony Nettleman graduated with Honors at New Mexico State University with a Bachelor of Science in Land Surveying Engineering, a Master of Science in Geospatial Engineering from Texas A&M Corpus Christi with honors, a PhD in Geomatics at University of Florida, and a Juris Doctor at Florida International University.
While attending various universities, Tony has worked with several multi-national engineering firms in addition to teaching classes at Troy University, Florida Atlantic University, and University of Florida.
Currently, Tony serves as an Assistant Professor of Geomatics at Texas A&M Corpus Christi while lecturing for various profession groups and serving as an expert witness. He is licensed as a Florida attorney and a Florida professional surveyor.